What does an Agile Coach do?
We asked our colleague Benjamin Geens how his typical day looks like.
An INNOCOM Agile Coach is an expert in Agile Organisational Design. They strive for organizing our clients around value creation, self-organizing teams, short communication lines and flexible teams.
Furthermore, they stimulate the creation of an organizational environment where continuous learning is an indispensable aspect and encourage the management of our clients to become servant leaders.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English
- Solid Scrum Master experience on development teams (certification is an asset)
- Agile Coaching experience (2-5 years)
- Understanding of alternate scaled agile frameworks (e.g. SAFe, LeSS, Nexus), how and when to leverage them. You preferably hold a certification.
- Proven, proficient coaching/training/mentoring skills, able to stimulate people & team development
- Proven communication and presentation skills such as coaching small and large groups
- Leadership skills: Able to motivate and guide teams and leadership at all levels
- Implement and enhance agile frameworks across teams and programs
- Knowledge of DevOps capabilities such as Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Ability to align multiple teams (co-located and distributed) into a consistent, cohesive delivery model for maximum productivity
- Strong leadership skills that can be leveraged to facilitate discussion and time box sprint-related events and meetings
- Experience compiling metrics that measure the progress and outputs on all levels of the organization
- Open & honest, high energy and intrinsically motivated
- Extremely customer-focused, able to adapt quickly to new environments, connect easily with people and context
- Passionate about change and eager to push it forward while managing expectations
- A natural communicator, able to explain complex topics in understandable language to different stakeholders
- Highly autonomous, proactive and responsible
- A team player able to support the learning of others and initiate improvement
- A role model and ‘go-to person’ with high emotional intelligence
- Creative and building upon others’ ideas, open to experiment with different approaches
- Capable to build trusted relationships with senior management