The INNOCOM Solution Architect is an architecture professional with strong knowledge and interest of/in Technology Architecture (Infrastructure, Application, Integration and/or Data) and understanding of Business and Enterprise Architecture.
The INNOCOM Solution Architects provide a bridge between specific business problems and issues, and the solutions which are needed to support them. Hence, they outline solution architecture descriptions across domains, functions, and industries; and then monitor and govern their implementation.
Our Solution Architect roles are project facing and provide two areas of support:
- With a business focus, ensuring the solution meets the business requirements.
- With an enterprise focus ensuring that the enterprise requirements for reuse, compliance to standards, principles, traceability to enterprise reference models, and alignment with the target enterprise architecture vision.
Our INNOCOM Solution Architects work in close tandem with Enterprise Architecture Capabilities and Project Manager(s).
Crafting the right architecture to solve the problem at hand is only part of the architects’ responsibilities.
The Architect must also:
- Define, document, and communicate it.
- Protect (own) the solution architecture and protect its integrity and consistency. Make sure everyone is using it, and using it correctly.
- Make sure that it comes out in stages in a timely way so that the overall organization can make progress before it’s complete.
- Make sure the software and system architectures are in synchronization.
- Act as the emissary of solution architectures.
- Make sure stakeholders and management understand it (to the detail necessary).
- Make sure that the right modeling is being done, to know that qualities like performance are going to be met.
- Give input as needed to issues like tool and environment selection.
- Identify and interact with stakeholders to make sure their needs are being met.
- Make sure that the architecture is not only the right one for operations, but also for deployment and sustainment.
- Resolve disputes and make trade-offs.
- Resolve technical problems.
Who are we looking for?
Someone who is:
- Open & honest, highly energetic and intrinsically motivated
- A fast learner, absorbing new skills and adapting to new contexts
- Extremely customer-focused, able to adapt quickly to new environments, connect easily with people and context
- A conceptual, creative and critical thinker
- Passionate about change and eager to push it forward while managing expectations
- A natural communicator, able to explain complex topics in understandable language to different stakeholders (ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical stakeholders)
- Able to create impact
- A team player able to support the learning of others and initiate improvement
- A role model and ‘go-to person’ with high emotional intelligence
Do you have the following hard skills?
- Excellent understanding of architecture/design patterns
- Knowledge of ArchiMate and Sparx is an asset.
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design, aspect-orientated design and test-driven design.
- Knowledge of application security.
- Knowledge of .NET, Java/JEE, OSGi or similar industry-standard platforms.
- Knowledge of database solutions
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle and associated practices: configuration management, test management, build management; continuous integration, release management, etc. Knowledge of DevOps and continuous delivery is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) style and related technologies like web services, XML/SOAP, enterprise service bus, security standards, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud concepts (Hybrid, Private, Public) and knowledge of cloud software such as Azure & AWS
See a match? Got More questions?
Apply and become our next Enterprise Solution Architect!
Let’s get in touch:
Heiststeenweg 131, 2580 Beerzel, Belgium
phone +32 15 25 82 00