The Business Architect plays a key role in structuring an enterprise in terms of its governance structure, business processes and business information. (S)he aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services, partners and suppliers, organisation, capabilities, and key business and IT initiatives.
The Business Architect has the following responsibilities:
- Develop a business architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organisation and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organisational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
You are …
- Open & honest, highly energetic and intrinsically motivated
- A fast learner, quick to absorb new skills and adapt to new contexts
- Extremely customer-focused, able to adapt quickly to new environments, easily connect with people and context
- A conceptual, creative and critical thinker
- Passionate about change and eager to push it forward, while managing expectations
- A natural communicator, able to explain complex concepts to different stakeholders in understandable language
- Able to prioritise and deliver within agreed timelines
- Highly autonomous, proactive and responsible
- A team player who can support others in their learning and initiate improvements
- A role model and go-to person with high emotional intelligence
- Able to resolve conflicting points of view and align people
- Creative and able to build on others’ ideas, open to experimenting with different approaches
- Capable of building trusted relationships with senior management
- Able to deal with complexity and ambiguity
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Excellent English, Dutch and French communication and presentation skills
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and an appreciation of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- The ability to recognise structural issues within the organisation, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organisation and to high-priority business issues
- Experience with model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- The ability to visualise and create high-level models that can be used in a future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Extensive experience with planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Experience with modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organisation; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualisations
- The ability to act as a liaison who conveys the information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; and applies the same talent to convey business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realisation and service delivery
- Team player who works effectively at all levels of an organisation and can influence others to reach consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities